Setting up e-mail:
General Mail settings (for setting up any e-mail client)
- Incoming Mail Server Type: IMAP
- Incoming Mail Server Name: mail.fpunet.com
- Email address will be email@example.com
- Username is the full email address, including the @fpunet.com
- Do not use "secure password authentication".
- Secure connection settings should be SSL.
- Port should be 993.
- Our incoming mail server may be accessed from anywhere on the web.
- Outgoing Mail Server Type: SMTP
- Outgoing Server Name: mail.fpunet.com
- Outgoing Server requires authentication, using the same settings as the incoming server.
- We recommend using a secure connection, called TLS. If TLS is not listed, SSL should work. You should change the port to 587.
- Alternatively you can use the web e-mail system
Additional note regarding the Web E-Mail system:
Like IMAP, the Fayetteville Public Utilities web e-mail system is based directly on our server, and does not download the e-mail to a local spot on your computer. While many customers use it as their primary means of accessing their e-mail, similar problems to IMAP e-mail can manifest; due to limited amounts of server storage space, a customer may not be able to receive any e-mail if their account fills up, especially with large pictures, audio and video files.